Holy Apostle Family 5k Run & Walk
Dear Holy Apostles Family and Friends:
We are excited to invite you to our 15th Annual Family Run & Walk on Saturday, July 31 at 8:30 am! This year, we have various ways in which you can participate in this beloved event to raise money for Philoxenia Charities, a 501(c)(3) non-proift organization with a mission to offer free temporary housing to individuals and families seeking medical treatment at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. Since 2006, Holy Apostles has donated $100,000 to this organization close to many of our hearts, helping them expand from one home to three.
This year we challenge you to rise to the occasion and help us break our fundraising record! There are several ways you can participate in our event:
- In-person participation: We invite you to join us in person at Holy Apostles on July 31, 2021, at 8:30 am. There will also be a 25-yard children's dash, and morning refreshments will be provided. Race t-shirts will be given to the first 200 participants.
- Virtual participation: We recognize that many of you may not be able to join us in person, so we invite you to complete the 5K by yourself, with family, or friends between July 31 and August 15, 2021, in your own way and time (e.g., on a treadmill, in your neighborhood, on a trail, etc.).We ask all off-site participants to upload their times by using the button below. You will also have an opportunity to upload a picture or video, which we will share on social media and in our Holy Apostles communications as every effort we do together, we do so as one Holy Apostles family.
- Pledge Father Nicholas Georgiou: As our beloved Father Nicholas Georgiou continues to grow stronger in health every day, he will join us in completing the 5K walk off-site. We are so excited that Father Nicholas will be with us in spirit and heart, and we are looking for your pledges to support his efforts!
- Pledge Any Participant: This year, you can pledge your family and friends who will participate in-person or off-site. Each dollar pledged will go to our fundraising efforts and support those we love in our Holy Apostles community.
- Make a Donation: If you are unable to participate in any of the ways listed above, you may also offer a goodwill donation to get us closer to our goal and help all the families at the Philoxenia Charities, Mayo Clinic.
- Become a Sponsor: If you or your business would make a donation of $100 or more, you will receive special mention at the race as a sponsor of this year's Holy Apostles Family 5K Walk and Run.
We hope that you will join us by participating, pledging, or donating to this worthy cause! To register to participate (in-person or off-site), to pledge Father Nicholas Georgiou, to pledge a participant, to donate or sponsor, please click HERE.
To see a map of the in-person route, to upload off-site times and photos, or to learn more about the Philoxenia Charities, please click HERE.
Together we are one faith, one family, one Holy Apostles. May God be glorified through our efforts!
Chariton the Confessor
Chariton the Confessor; Our Righteous Father Alkeisonus, Metropolitan of Nicopolis; Old Epirus; Baruch the Prophet; Neophytos & Auxentios the Martyrs of Cyprus; Wenceslaus the Martyr, Prince of the Czechs
Visit the Online Chapel for more daily readings, hymns, a monthly calendar of saints and feasts, and more.